by Alec Goldenberg, staff reporter
Throughout the years, millions of applications have been released for the iPhone and Android stores. Since their release, the online stores have erupted with every type of app imaginable from calculators to mindless games.
These are the ones that students thought were their favorite for the month of December 2013:
1. Instagram: A social media website based solely around picture sharing in place of a written status.
2. iFunny and Netflix (tied): iFunny is a popular picture sharing app with the intention of making people laugh. Netflix is a cheap movie website with thousands of old and new movies to choose from whenever
3. Facebook and Twitter (tied): Facebook is a mainstream social media outlet created for the connection of friends. Twitter is another social media website used commonly to keep in touch with celebrities and other important persons.
4. Angry Birds and Snapchat (tied): Angry Birds is a game made popular on the iPhone when the first 3g first came out. The game features a multitude of levels and expansion packs. Snapchat is a newer social media app that allows users to send pictures that only remain on screen for 10 seconds before disappearing.
5. Tumblr and Candy Crush (tied): A social media website based around blogging and commenting on pictures. Candy Crush is a highly addicting free game where the player must match up matching candies in a row to gain points, much like the old game Bejeweled.
6. Kik: Kik is an app that allows users to communicate in place of a texting app, commonly used by iPod and iPad users to interact over long distances.